- n any of various long-tailed primates (excluding the prosimians)
- n one who is playfully mischievous
- v play around with or alter or falsify, usually secretively or dishonestly
- v do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly
- New Delhi has an unusual urban woe, marauding monkeys.
- It turns out that one of humanity's oldest professions may be even older than we thought: In a recent study of macaque monkeys in Indonesia, researchers found that male primates .
- Researchers find that monkeys prefer people who act just like they do.
News & Articles
- Ill. boy bitten by monkey to seek rabies treatment
A southwestern Illinois prosecutor says a boy bitten by a pet monkey during a dog event will undergo precautionary rabies vaccinations rather than having the primate euthanized to see if it's infected with the disease.
June 13, 2013 - KWQC-TV 6 Davenport
- Cowboy Monkey Rodeo, Phillie Phanatic appearance highlight upcoming ballpark promotions
One of the Harrisburg Senators' most-awaited promotional events of the season arrives Thursday night when the Cowboy Monkey Rodeo makes its appearance at Metro Bank Park.
June 12, 2013 - The Patriot-News
- What monkey and human brains have in common
Stephanie PappasLiveScienceHumans and monkeys share parallels in a region of the brain that people use to infer others' intentions, a new study finds. The research doesn't necessarily prove that monkeys have what is known as " theory of mind " — an ability to gauge what others are thinking and feeling. But the parallels may reveal the common ancestor from which both the human and monkey brain ...
June 11, 2013 - MSNBC
- Michael Andretti in AFP
Danica is such a fantastic person and I'm thrilled for her that the monkey is finally off of her back,Andretti said. "We have all believed in her and she proved that she is a winner. Frankly, I think this is the first of many."
- Evan Lysacek in San Francisco Chronicle
I had some pressure coming in as the reigning world champion, and I felt it,said Lysacek, 24. "I also had a little bit of a monkey on my back, thinking of my short program four years ago in Torino. To go out there and silence all that felt...
- Lindsey Graham in The Associated Press
Gen. Petraeus needs this monkey off his back,Graham said.