- n a golfer who is putting
- n the iron normally used on the putting green
- v work lightly
- v do random, unplanned work or activities or spend time idly
- v move around aimlessly
- When he came home from a tournament last year, Billy Casper found his eight-year-old son tapping balls across the living-room rug with a mallet-head putter he had found lying .
- In 1939 Miss Graham-Bower went out from England to India "to putter about with a few cameras and do a bit of medical work, maybe write a book.
- In Slotline's Big Moment putter, the weight difference between the tips of the club and its center is twice as great as the differential in Ping putters.
News & Articles
- Tiger Woods putts his way out of 2013 U.S. Open
Tiger Woods blamed a balky putter for leading him to his highest-ever third-round score as a professional in a U.S. Open and knocking him out of the hunt for his 15th major championship. He shot a 77 in 1996 as an amateur and missed the cut. "It is certainly frustrating, because I certainly was feeling like I was playing well this week and I just didn't make the putts I needed to make," Woods ...
June 16, 2013 - SB Nation
- Just putting along
Shakes of the head. Groans. Putter flips. There were plenty of ways to express frustration Saturday, particularly with the slope-heavy greens at Hillcrest Golf Club. But there were a growing number of fist pumps and smiles by the end of Round 2 of the Navajo Trail Open, too, perhaps moreso than Friday, when the pros tackled the...
June 16, 2013 - The Durango Herald
- Belly Putter Ban Is Necessary Rule to Protect Integrity of Game
Anchoring the putter diminishes one of the most fascinating aspects of golf: the effects of pressure on putting. This rule change is not about equipment. It is about the nature of the golf swing. Anchored putting has to go, and it is likely going to. The USGA and R&A recently made official what most saw coming when they announced a ban on anchored putting beginning in 2016. USGA President ...
June 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Paul Goydos in iseekgolf.com
That's the most nervous I've been over a putt, probably,he said after his round. "It felt like when I brought the putter back and made a pretty good stroke, couldn't hit the putt any more solid and the ball couldn't have gone more in the...
- Phil Mickelson in New York Daily News
I think the big thing for me was I struggled with the putter the first round, round and a half,Mickelson said.
- Annika SÃ¶renstam in New York Times
I think I'm hitting the ball as good as I can,Sorenstam said. "I'm just going to work on a few things with my putter, and I'm really looking forward to the weekend."