mockery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n showing your contempt by derision
- n a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- n humorous or satirical mimicry
- You could put all the names of all the British Leyland cars of the late '60s in a hat and you'd be guaranteed to pull out a despicable, rotten-to-the-core mockery of a car.
- Next on Khrushchev's travel plans: a flight to Budapest to attend that mockery of "domestic jurisdiction," the Hungarian Communist Party Congress.
- To invite him as Independence Day speaker, says Douglass is mere "mockery and sacrilegious irony.
News & Articles
- Beaumont High awarded for civic engagement
Principal Marilyn Saucedo, mock trial adviser David Vanderpool, Superintendent Maureen Latham and Judge Mark Cope. Mock elections, mock trials, and peer mediation has been anything but mockery for Beaumont High School’s students.
June 13, 2013 - The Record Gazette
- Viewpoints: Heads should roll at PUC after litany of disasters, goofs and negligence
A refinery explosion earlier this year made Texas an easy target for regulatory mockery, but while many Californians have pointed wagging fingers due east, Texans could rightly wag right back at our own dyspeptic regulatory model of the fox watching the henhouse, the California Public Utilities Commission.
June 11, 2013 - The Sacramento Bee
- Review: The Boys Next Door at Bunbury
Funny. Charming. Heartwarming. It would be easy to turn a show about four grown men with mental disabilities into a mockery.
June 10, 2013 - Louisville.com
- Ayman al-Zawahri in 940 News
They will never be able to insult and make a mockery out of our Prophet, peace and prayers of Allah upon him,al-Zawahri said.
- Garry Kasparov in USA Today
Kasparov told the AP the upcoming elections were "a mockery used by the Kremlin as a decoration to cover up the true colors of the regime."
- Floyd Landis in International Herald Tribune
Together, they have turned this proceeding into a full-scale attack on my civil rights and a mockery of justice,Landis said in a statement Monday on his Web site about USADA and the French lab.