parody : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a composition that imitates or misrepresents somebody's style, usually in a humorous way
- n humorous or satirical mimicry
- v make a spoof of or make fun of
- v make a parody of
- SNL can't even parody Hannity because you just can't do over the top any more than he actually is.
- An age of decadence is a ripe time for parody.
- Parody cannot be normally challenged for copyrights violation but one is on safe grounds only when the parody merely mimics style.
News & Articles
- ‘Eat It Haters’: Cheerios Parody Video Responds To Racist Backlash
A parody of Cheerios’ “Just Checking” ad is firing back at the haters who took issue with the biracial family in the original video. Created by Kenji America, the Cheerios parody video again features a white mother and a mixed daughter. In the video, the little girl asks, “Is it true that eating a healthy breakfast [...] ‘Eat It Haters’: Cheerios Parody Video Responds To Racist Backlash is a ...
June 14, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Parody of Biracial Cheerios Ad Targets Haters (Watch)
*Following a fierce, racist backlash surrounding a Cheerios ad with a mixed-race couple – a reaction so vile that the company disabled the comments section on its YouTube page – a new parody has been filmed with a twist ending designed to target even more haters. In response to the controversy, Kenji (who also directed [...]
June 14, 2013 - EURweb
- 'Bitchy Resting Face' Parody Video Goes Viral
A new PSA parody video (below) titled "Bitchy Resting Face" has gone viral on the web. The video shows various bitter-looking women and includes the voiceover: "These women might be suffering without you even knowing it. They might just have faces, that to you, look bitchy. They might not be bitches at all." The women each take turns admitting that they have the condition. The skit was created ...
June 14, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Stan Van Gundy in AFP
It's gotten ridiculous,Orlando Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It's almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59...
- David X Cohen in GoErie.com
The pair spent a lot of after-hours time hanging out, Cohen said, "talking about our favorite stuff in sci-fi, and what could we parody, and what could we outright steal."
- Dov Charney in New York Times
Mr. Charney added, "I appreciate Woody Allen's work, but I also appreciate the First Amendment. Let's not forget that Woody Allen himself has referenced many public figures over the course of his long career, often for the purpose of parody, such as...