meshed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the holy city of Shiite Muslims; located in northeastern Iran
- v keep engaged
- v coordinate in such a way that all parts work together effectively
- v work together in harmony
- v entangle or catch in (or as if in) a mesh
- s resembling a network
a meshed road system
- s (used of toothed parts or gears) interlocked and interacting
intermeshed twin rotors
- Summer emerged as the obvious time for a break: it offered a respite for teachers, meshed with the agrarian calendar and alleviated physicians' concerns that packing students into .
- Carlesimo, once a successful college coach at Seton Hall University, had never meshed with pro players: in the 1990s, he failed in both Portland and Golden State, where he found .
- Mobutu's personal ambition meshed with America's strategic needs.
News & Articles
- B-R aims for first Div. 1 baseball title
Bridgewater-Raynham baseball coach John Kearney is a true straight-shooter in every sense of the word. Before the season started, he felt if a couple of pieces fell into place, the Trojans could become a very good team. Those pieces have meshed so well that Bridgewater-Raynham (20-5) will head to LeLacheur Park in Lowell today (1 p.m.) looking to win the school’s first Division 1 state title ...
June 15, 2013 - Boston Herald
- The New York Mets Fan: A Dying Breed
COMMENTARY | About 66 million years ago, dinosaurs roamed the Earth. These magnificent creatures came in all different shapes and sizes, were mostly carnivores or herbivores, and as suggested by the film "Jurassic Park" would probably not have meshed well with modern-day humans. But due to a dramatic shift in their environmental surroundings, these native animals went extinct.
June 14, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! Sports
- A reference to baseball found … from 1749
Longtime readers of my stuff — back to the Shysterball days — will recall my fascination with the early roots of baseball. The really early roots. Games like rounders, bat and trap, and stool ball. The games which, over time, meshed together in important ways to form what we now know of as baseball. It’s a fascinating history,…
June 14, 2013 - NBC Sports: HardballTalk
- Kyle Martino in Forbes
He's meshed with the team so well,Martino said. "He's been in on every conversation, he's outgoing, he's humble. To be the icon that he is and still be able to be the human being that he is, is something that everyone respects inside the...
- Jimmie Johnson in International Herald Tribune
I feel that the way we all have meshed together with the addition of the 88 car and all the people and everybody involved, that we're further ahead than where we were at the end of last year,Johnson said. "And I'm very excited about the...
- Mike Nichols in Los Angeles Times
Elaine and I found the whole world of comedy together:. That is to say, our way of seeing things and doing things meshed,says Nichols.