mercilessness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n feelings of extreme heartlessness
- n inhumaneness evidenced by an unwillingness to be kind or forgiving
- Sir: The critics of our policy in Viet Nam cried murder and mercilessness when they learned about our use of harmless gas on the Viet Cong.
- Though he declared that death was merited by the mercilessness of the deed, the judge spared Bryant's life.
- It is easy and sometimes appealing to talk tough and demand mercilessness in the abstract.
- Volker Beck in Deutsche Welle
Green parliamentarian Volker Beck said that Pope Benedict XVI's attitude toward homosexuality was "marked by theological mercilessness and the haughtiness of the Pharisees."