- n feelings of extreme heartlessness
- n mercilessness characterized by a lack of pity
- The take-no-prisoners pitilessness teenage girls can show one another is nothing new.
- The poignance and pitilessness of lives well below the heights of power had overshadowed political priorities, and the 13-month effort to implement peace was thrown into its worst .
- Last week, it seemed, the pitilessness that has devoured so much of the former Yugoslavia since 1991 was at last choking itself toward extinction.