cruelty : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a cruel act; a deliberate infliction of pain and suffering
- n feelings of extreme heartlessness
- n the quality of being cruel and causing tension or annoyance
- International animal-rights activists accuse India of showing uncharacteristic cruelty toward its cows.
- The cruelty to children charge was included because the daughter witnessed the beating.
- She revels in cruelty and laughter.
- Sean Brady in United Press International
This report makes it clear that great wrong and hurt were caused to some of the most vulnerable children in our society,Brady said. "It documents a shameful catalog of cruelty: neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse, perpetrated...
- Al Roker in Forbes
I, for one, am really tired of the diatribes, the 'humor' at others' expense, the cruelty that passes for 'funny,'Roker said.
- David Johnston in Washington Times
This war-weary soldier,the author writes, "had a dream of humanity and peace in a world of cruelty and violence. He envisioned a new world as a place where people of different cultures could live together in amity and concord. This became...