- n the branches of medical science that deal with nonsurgical techniques
- n (medicine) something that treats or prevents or alleviates the symptoms of disease
- n the learned profession that is mastered by graduate training in a medical school and that is devoted to preventing or alleviating or curing diseases and injuries
he studied medicine at Harvard
- n punishment for one's actions
take your medicine
- v treat medicinally, treat with medicine
- Could Asia's traditional medicine chest hold the cures to age-old illsand can Western science finally unlock its secrets? Simon Elegant investigates.
- As researchers finally begin to unravel the secrets of traditional Asian medicine, ancient herbal remedies are being harnessed to combat a range of diseases from malaria to cancer.
- Matan Vilnai in FOXNews
We want to stop supplying electricity to them, stop supplying them with water and medicine, so that it would come from another place,Vilnai said.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Calling them "naysayers," "fear-mongers" and peddlers of "Trojan horse" falsehoods, Obama warned interest groups, lobbyists and others against using "fear tactics to paint any effort to achieve reform as an attempt to socialize medicine."
- Elle Macpherson in Ninemsn
However, a statement issued on her behalf today said: "Following comments made in a newspaper article, Elle Macpherson would like to clarify that, whilst she has great respect for Chinese medicine, she is also fundamentally opposed to any activity...