music : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an artistic form of auditory communication incorporating instrumental or vocal tones in a structured and continuous manner
- n any agreeable (pleasing and harmonious) sounds
he fell asleep to the music of the wind chimes
- n musical activity (singing or whistling etc.)
his music was his central interest
- n (music) the sounds produced by singers or musical instruments (or reproductions of such sounds)
- n punishment for one's actions
you have to face the music
- Remix music is passe, now it is back to the originals.
- A R Rahman's music was the toast of 2009's Oscars and he deserved all the adulation.
- A PTI special issue featuring music artists from around the globe.
News & Articles
- Music fans capture Orion Music + More festival on social media
Music fans capture the Orion Music + More festival on social media.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- ‘Music in the Mansions’ is Saturday
Lovers of music and of Helena’s historic mansions can get a taste of both Saturday, as the Helena Symphony and some generous homeowners host “Music in the Mansions,” featuring food, wine, music and the striking interiors of two private residences.
June 14, 2013 - Helena Independent Record
- Broadcast Music Inc sues Pandora over license fees
(Reuters) - Broadcast Music Inc (BMI), a songwriters' rights organization, is suing Pandora Media after the Internet radio company rejected a request to pay a higher license fee for playing songs across various devices, including mobile phones. In a lawsuit filed with the Manhattan federal court on Thursday, BMI said it had proposed an increase in Pandora's fees "consistent with market rates to ...
June 14, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Paul McCartney in Telegraph.co.uk
Sir Paul McCartney, who dueted with Jackson in the early 1980s on Say Say Say, said : "It's so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be...
- Zubin Mehta in The Associated Press
We hope and we pray that the music will inspire people on the other side to open their hearts,Mehta told the audience of thousands.
- Sepp Blatter in The Associated Press
I have always said that Africa has a different rhythm, a different sound,Sepp Blatter, president of soccer's governing body, said in a Twitter post. "I don't see banning the music traditions of fans in their own country."