- n the most important league in any sport (especially baseball)
- n a commissioned military officer in the United States Army or Air Force or Marines; below lieutenant colonel and above captain
- n British statesman who was prime minister from 1990 until 1997 (born in 1943)
- n a university student who is studying a particular field as the principal subject
- n the principal field of study of a student at a university
- v have as one's principal field of study
- But last August Mujib and his family were massacred by the "seven majors," a group of young officers who staged a brutal lightning coup against Mujib's increasingly corrupt and .
- One year after graduation, female business majors are earning 81% of what male business majors earn.
- Are the majors concerned about the competition? Not when they take the long view.
News & Articles
- Majors, Boomers suspended after 10
The Enid Majors and Cleveland County Boomers didn’t resolve anything in a Les Beckham League game Tuesday. The game was suspended after 10 inni
June 12, 2013 - The Enid News & Eagle
- Smithfield Majors win NTLL title
Smithfield (ESLL) Majors hosted the Wells Jackson (WJ) Major team on Saturday evening at the Bryan-Finnerty Memorial Ball Field at Tom Jack Park in East Smithfield. East Smithfield took the win and the Northern Tier Little League Championship with a fin
June 11, 2013 - The Daily & Sunday Review
- Majors sweep Shockers
Cody Daylor brought back a bit of the good old days with his 10th-inning game-winning single in the Enid Majors’ 4-3 win over the Southwest Shockers in the first game of a Les Beckham League doubleheader at David Allen Memorial Ballpark Monday.
June 11, 2013 - The Enid News & Eagle
- Tiger Wood in FOXNews
A guy that's won 14 majors, he's got a lot of game,Els said, "I think he's very close. I haven't played with him in about a year. I think his ball-striking was pretty good the last two days. His short game is pretty sharp, he just didn't...
- Ernie Els in The Associated Press
The expectations are there, obviously,Els said after Friday's round. "And I probably fell victim to that a little bit because I had many â€” numerous â€” chances of winning majors, which I didn't. I've won three and I look back...
- Phil Mickelson in International Herald Tribune
This is exciting,Mickelson said. "I've gotten off to a good start. It gives me momentum, and I can't wait for next week and the upcoming majors. I'm really excited about the year."