lustrous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s made smooth and bright by or as if by rubbing; reflecting a sheen or glow
she brushed her hair until it fell in lustrous auburn waves
- s brilliant
set a lustrous example for others to follow
lustrous actors of the time
- s reflecting light
lustrous auburn hair
- Apparently this is just what the public had been dying to do, for "The Road Ahead" became a runaway best seller, though it is lustrous with earnest goofiness, like a greased-down .
- A thin, wide-eyed woman with long, lustrous dark hair, Foster claims to be three-quarters Cherokee (she also says she is 27; Maryland lists her as 38).
- A slave to his countless vices, a monster of lustrous indulgence, he's the kind of sleazeball who puts the id back in idiot.
News & Articles
- Inside the Palladium ETF's Recent Surge (PALL) - ETF News And Commentary
Despite some global commodity uncertainty, Palladium, the lustrous and rare silvery-white precious metal, has established itself as a vital product. The metal once used as coins now attracts
June 12, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Esther Williams, 91, champion swimmer, movie star featured in aquatic musicals
WASHINGTON – Esther Williams, a championship swimmer and lustrous beauty who became one of the world’s most popular movie stars in the 1940s and 1950s by appearing in aquatic musicals featuring daredevil plunges from pedestals, trapezes and even a helicopter, died Thursday at her home in Beverly Hills, Calif.
June 8, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Dave Frohnmayer in Business Wire (press release)
Royce Saltzman's remarkable energy and vision has produced a world renowned festival that brings lustrous achievement to the University of Oregon in the performing arts,Frohnmayer said. "His talent has been crucial at every stage in the...
- Derek Briggs in New Zealand Herald
After examining fossilised feathers from Messel in Germany, Briggs says the creature that sported the feather was black with a "strongly lustrous iridescent blue, green or coppery sheen".
- Dr Prabha Atre in Hindu
Replying to the felicitation by nonagenarian theatre person Enagi Balappa at a function at Ravindra Kalakshetra, Dr. Atre said she would keep walking till the "notes enclosed in the soul of my mind mature into lustrous pearls."