- n a magazine printed on good quality paper
- n a photograph that is printed on smooth shiny paper
- s (of paper and fabric and leather) having a surface made smooth and glossy especially by pressing between rollers
- s reflecting light
the horse's glossy coat
- s superficially attractive and stylish; suggesting wealth or expense
a glossy TV series
- It's hard to avoid noting that the DS Lite looks an awful lot like an Apple product, a miniaturized version of the new white-glossy MacBook.
- Because the words get goofier, and the song gets faster, and pretty soon all you hear are echoes of Madonna's voice behind a glossy thump and a grinding guitar hook.
- Sure, backdating options is common in Silicon Valley, but the essence of Apple's identity is that it's an uncorporate corporation: a glossy white iPod-colored company, the kind .
News & Articles
- African starlings: Dashing darlings of the bird world in more ways than one
It's not going to happen while you're peering through your binoculars, but African glossy starlings change color more than 10 times faster than their ancestors and even their modern relatives, say researchers. The changes have led to new species of birds with color combinations previously unseen, according to a new study.
June 11, 2013 - Science Daily
- African starlings: Dashing darlings of the bird world in more ways than 1
It's not going to happen while you're peering through your binoculars, but African glossy starlings change color more than 10 times faster than their ancestors and even their modern relatives, say researchers at The University of Akron and Columbia University. The changes have led to new species of birds with color combinations previously unseen, according to a study published today in the ...
June 10, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Ryan Zimmerman shows off wedding photos in Washingtonian Bride & Groom
Ryan Zimmerman was mighty secretive about his January wedding. Now it seems he was just waiting for an appropriate passage of months and the right glossy bridal magazine.
June 10, 2013 - Washington Post
- Craig Wright in Minneapolis Star Tribune
We're taking everybody's advice and saying, 'We're making this a glitzy, glossy, messy, dirty, sexy soap opera this year,'said creator Craig Wright. "We're sort of taking the gloves off and going for it because we know that this is our...
- Julia Gillard in Ninemsn
It won't be glossy booklets, it won't be TV advertisements,Ms Gillard said.
- Ian McDiarmid in MSNBC
Alan Johnson today launches a wing-and-a-prayer scheme based on the hope that people across the North West will sign up for a glossy ID card, and send a message to their counterparts in other parts of the country that the ID card is the hottest... Chris Grayling http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Grayling&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGu0qIB2Iy0vRXqXk6fG7troGLTGA BBC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/8175139.stm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEA7n5Y-fexhRhVZ3ui1kINaUnLxg Jul 30, 2009
42444 58250 glottal He did look like a terrible little toad, and he needed a voice to match the face," McDiarmid said. "So I thought it should be somewhere half in the glottal, like toads, but deeper as well. I thought of Japanese acting. As it happens, they...