- s marked by ostentation but often tasteless
a cheap showy rhinestone bracelet
- s displaying brilliance and virtuosity
- s (used especially of clothes) marked by conspicuous display
- s superficially attractive and stylish; suggesting wealth or expense
- Quick-witted but never showy, mocking but never cruel, warm but never maudlin, Barker may have let his hair go white (with the network's approval), but he never aged.
- Now the overachieving middle brother is getting his first shot at a showy leading role in Behind Enemy Lines, a rah-rah war movie co .
- This is a country where promoting cultural influence has been national policy for centuries, where controversial philosophers and showy new museums are symbols of pride and .
News & Articles
- Nintendo focuses on games at E3 with new 'Mario'
During showy Monday presentations, competitors Microsoft and Sony hyped their respective next-generation consoles.
June 12, 2013 - Abilene Reporter-News
- Ghana's extravagant funerals drive families into debt
By Lily Mensah ACCRA, Ghana (GPI)-- In Ghana, where families host extravagant funerals that saddle them with debt, funeral crashing has become a weekend affair. A typical funeral typically takes place for three days, attracting hundreds of guests and costing more than a year’s salary. Some members of the community complain that these showy events have gone too far, with some families even hiring ...
June 12, 2013 - UPI
- Luxury Home Tour showcases rebounding market for high-end homes
This year’s Luxury Home Tour marks a recovering market for high-end homes. They’re still big and showy, but now with clean lines, smart controls – and lots of glass.
June 8, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Greg Oden in Seattle Times
I think my mom wouldn't like me acting like that,Oden said of Noah. "She taught me better than to be showy and flashy."
- Charlotte Church in IrishExaminer.com
Charlotte, 20, tells Reveal magazine: "We're so not like the football Wags - I'd never be like that. I can't stand the way they are. They're far too showy." "I have some good friends among the girlfriends of the rugby players. It's great when...
- Mike Keenan in National Post
I kind of enjoy that because I know the player is really ready to play,said Keenan. "It doesn't bother me at all. It's heartfelt. It's not a show. He's not a showy guy. I like people who are passionate about playing."