- a characterized by water flying about haphazardly
- s marked by ostentation but often tasteless
a splashy half-page ad
- s covered with patches of bright color
- Check out Yahoo's splashy new omg!, which is big on photos.
- The splashy Miss Texas-USA pageant, which companies ranging from Subaru to Miller Brewing have been eager to sponsor, generates such high TV ratings across the state that the .
- The week also brought a more definitive, though less splashy finding on the causes of autism, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Science.
News & Articles
- 10 Things the Philadelphia Eagles Need for a Successful 2013
For the past few seasons, splashy off-season moves haven't translated to regular season success for the Philadelphia Eagles . The 2011 acquisitions of defensive backs Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie were supposed to give the Birds their best secondary since the Brian Dawkins/Troy Vincent/Bobby Taylor trio of the late 1990s and early 2000s That's not how it worked out on the field ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- 'Amazing' Belvidere-built Dodge Dart has room to grow
ROCKFORD — The Dodge Dart has been on sale for a year but, despite some splashy Chrysler ads and awards, it hasn’t hit the mark on sales. But analysts and, perhaps more important, people who have bought the aggressively styled compact sedan, still believe it’s just a matter of time. INSIDE: Recall announced
June 14, 2013 - Rockford Register Star
- A flashy tidal wave of the original Danish fairytale
Paper Mill Playhouse closes its season with a big splashy, flashy, iridescent, Technicolor tidal wave of a musical called Disney’s "The Little Mermaid."
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- Darcy Regier in Toronto Star
We're not a big free-agent team but once in a while you try to get guys that can fit really well,Regier said today. "We haven't gone out for splashy signings. We try and focus on whether they will fit into our team."
- Luke Wilson in Los Angeles Times
Johan wears the splashy stuff,Wilson says referring to Swedish golf heartthrob Johan Edfors, his co-collaborator on the Chrome collection that rolled out last month.
- Chuck Thompson in New York Times
Actual travelers exist in real time and have to deal with the kinds of troubles that don't end up as body copy between splashy photos of a beach at dawn and coconut-encrusted prawns in honey-melon-okra dipping sauce at cocktail hour,Mr....