- n a quality that outshines the usual
- n the visual property of something that shines with reflected light
- n a surface coating for ceramics or porcelain
- Over the next few days (and, likely, weeks) some of Biden's ungreatest hits of gab will be recycled by the media and Republicans aiming to take the luster off Obama's choice of .
- Princess Grace of Monaco was perhaps the nearest thing, but then she had really been a movie star, which surely provided the vital luster to her role as figurehead of a country .
- Did Joe Kennedy quit the Massachusetts gubernatorial race because the family name is losing its luster among voters?.
News & Articles
- The Fantasy Freak Show Podcast: Ball to the wall, Blanks and ‘Zona’s cracked Bell
With many fanatics mired in a June swoon, the tedium of fantasy baseball is starting to lose its luster, diverting attention away to what lies ahead. Just weeks away to the sound of pads cracking and cleats clacking, the fantasy football season is closer than you think. On this week's info-taining program, we caught you [...]
June 14, 2013 - Roto Arcade via Yahoo! Sports
- Two flags
I visited my parents’ graves a few months back. Dad, William E. Epps, Jr. (“Bill” to his friends and “Junior” to his siblings), died in 1996, and Mom (Thelma Kathleen Luster Epps) followed him about six years later. Dad served in the United States Navy during the waning days of World War II and his service is indicated on his marker at Oak Hill Memorial Park. A few years ago, I started taking an ...
June 14, 2013 - The Fayette Citizen
- Circling 'The Bling Ring' hot (or not) spots around Los Angeles
In scouting L.A. locations for Sofia Coppola's new film, production designer Anne Ross discovers that sometimes the starry life lacks luster. In Hollywood, all that glitters is not gold — or even fool's gold.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- George Gillett in ESPN
Owning this great franchise is special,Gillett said. "We want to add to that luster, not detract from that luster."
- Rick Perry in MLive.com
Texas Gov. Rick Perry, a Republican who followed the governor to the podium at a state party convention, said the reason the party lost control of Congress "is not because our ideas lost their luster, but our leaders lost their way."
- Patrick Stump in 33 KDAF-TV
This record is not the standard autobiographical thing like when we first started,says Stump, sitting with his bandmates as they prepared to tape a concert special for Fuse TV. "Autobiography loses its luster when everyone is doing it."