- n a quality that outshines the usual
- n the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand
it is the university that gives the scene its stately splendor
- The preserve was not far from Pu Yi's old Forbidden City haunts, but it was worlds away from the splendor of imperial China.
- So will futurist adventures that evoke the splendor of the movie past.
- The bygone splendor of Imperial China seemed to reawaken, for a day last week, at the ancient Imperial Capital of Nanking.
News & Articles
- 'Splendor of India' event at Lincoln Council on Aging
Monday, June 17 THE LINCOLN ACADEMY: Moha Patel -- The Splendor of India. Come to Bemis Hall on Monday, June 17 at 12:30 p.m. to hear Moha Patel discuss "The Splendor of India." Experience the rich and colorful dance culture of one of the world’s most ancient civilizations. Bring a bag lunch. The COA will provide beverages and dessert. The lecture lasts about an hour, including a question and ...
June 16, 2013 - The Lincoln Journal
- Fit for a King
LIHUE — Many hands brought the Kamehameha Day parade back to its full splendor Saturday in Lihue town.
June 16, 2013 - The Garden Island
- '300: Rise of Empire' trailer: Swords, sandals, the sea and Xerxes
June 12, 2013 | 10:38 p.m. A new trailer for “300: Rise of an Empire” offers the same sort of swords-and-sandals splendor that made filmmaker Zack Snyder’s visually arresting 2006 adaptation of the landmark Frank Miller graphic novel such a hit.
June 13, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Linda Colley in New York Times
What is different about Britain, its particular accident, is that it was a winner in the wars and, unlike other European states, it kept its monarchy and kept its residual state of glory and stature, this carapace of splendor,said Linda...
- Hassan Nasrallah in Ynetnews
Today we lost a merciful father, a wise teacher and a strong staff,Nasrallah said. "At his school, we learned to reject injustice, oppose the occupation and crave our meeting with Allah. He was the light in whose splendor we walked. His...