- n the quality of being magnificent or splendid or grand
an imaginative mix of old-fashioned grandeur and colorful art
- n the quality of elevation of mind and exaltation of character or ideals or conduct
- The book now ends on this glorious sentence, over which Raven exults: "There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the .
- The rather louche glamour of Monaco's royal family is nothing compared with the fading but still palpable grandeur of the British monarchy.
- The lavish taste and grandeur of Imperial Russia seen through the ceremonial dress and uniforms of Emperors and court officials in a new show at London's Victoria and Albert Museum.
News & Articles
- Michigan House Envy: Mullett Lake mansion state's most expensive listing
This astounding estate on on northern Michigan's Mullett Lake is the most expensive house listed for sale now in Michigan, according to www.moveinmichigan.com. It's a Great Gatsby-esque pastiche of sprawl, detail, grandeur and site - the creation of the late Detroit entrepreneur Peter Paisley.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Music reviews
After pulling out the stops with the heavily orchestrated grandeur of 2011's platinum-selling album 'Own The Night,' Lady Antebellum heads in the opposite direction with the stripped-down sound of 'Golden.'
June 9, 2013 - Manitowoc Herald Times Reporter
- Candice Ward's Ability Behind the Lens Adds Flair to Her Sports Photographs
Candice Ward was meant to take sports photographs. Her photos of the women of the Calgary Rage have an allure that is all their own. The beauty of her sports photographs are all unique in the fact that it looks like no one was even there to take a photograph. The majesty and grandeur in which Ward’s subjects are immortalized makes one feel as if they are right in the middle of the action ...
June 9, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Jacques Chirac in International Herald Tribune
You show the complexity of America, in all its grandeur and fragility, with its enthusiastic dreams and its worried questioning,Chirac said in a ceremony in the ElysÃ©e Palace in Paris on Saturday.
- Lance Armstrong in The Age
I just don't want to get clobbered too bad,a smiling and relaxed Armstrong said before being escorted to a car. "That is my main motivation for training hard. I don't have any illusions of grandeur. I hope I get in the race and get...
- Tom Izzo in The Spread
If you have lures of grandeur, of being something bigger than this, we have to get better as a team,Izzo said.