lung : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n either of two saclike respiratory organs in the chest of vertebrates; serves to remove carbon dioxide and provide oxygen to the blood
- X-ray of unhealthy human lungs.
- New math for calculating smokers' lung-cancer risk.
- For years researchers have debated whether smoking affects the lungs of men and women differently.
News & Articles
- Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center Urges Any Construction Worker Diagnosed With Mesothelioma Or Lung Cancer To Call ...
The Lung Cancer Asbestos Victims Center is now urging construction workers who have been diagnosed with mesothelioma, or any type of lung cancer, to contact them if they had nonstop exposure to asbestos on the job, about what could be significant financial compensation. For more information diagnosed victims of mesothelioma, victims of lung cancer, or their family members are encouraged to ...
June 17, 2013 - PRWeb
- Health Beat: Lung in a box
More than 1,600 people in the United States are currently on the waiting list for a lung transplant. Each year, hundreds of those patients miss the opportunity to receive an organ transplant because the donor lungs are either too far away or too damaged to be used. Now, however, a medical breakthrough is offering new hope. Fernando Padilla is passionate about two things: his car and his family ...
June 17, 2013 - WFMZ Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey
- Advances in lung cancer screening aid early detection
Lung cancer is the second most common type of cancer in the United States aside from breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. Yet in terms of cancer related mortality it causes more deaths than the combined deaths from breast, prostate and...
June 16, 2013 - Portsmouth Herald
- Amy Winehouse in FOXNews
The doctors have told her if she goes back to smoking drugs, it won't just ruin her voice, it will kill her,Mitch Winehouse told the Mirror. "There are nodules around the chest and dark marks. She has 70 percent lung capacity."
- Julia Carson in CBS News
My doctor discovered lung cancer,Carson said in a statement over the weekend. "It had gone into remission years before, but it was back with a terminal vengeance."
- Dana Reeve in Globe and Mail
I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer, and am currently undergoing treatment,Reeve said in a statement.