lover : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a person who loves someone or is loved by someone
- n an ardent follower and admirer
- n a significant other to whom you are not related by marriage
- When the cops started asking questions, Dahmer was able to convince the police that it was merely a lovers' quarrel.
- When her lover wasn't with her, she was left with her own terror of how to move through the world alone.
- The Complaisant Lover (by Graham Greene) contends that love and marriage do not mix, but that husbands and lovers can be good mixers.
News & Articles
- Pocket watch for Coco Chanel's French lover among the highlights of £1.7 million Bonhams sale
Among the highlights was a pocket watch made for the French illustrator and designer Paul Iribe – one-time lover of the legendary fashion designer Coco Chanel – which exceeded its £15,000 to £20,000 (€17,700 - €23,700) estimate to sell for £26,250 (€30,953). Photo: Bonhams.
June 17, 2013 - Art Daily
- Liberace's ex-lover: I had affair with Michael Jackson
Scott Thorson says that former lover Liberace introduced him to Michael Jackson. In an interview on "The View," Thorson says that he had an affair with the King of Pop.
June 13, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Film lover's fantasy
Film lover's fantasy
June 13, 2013 - Pasadena Weekly
- John Howard in BBC News
Whilst it pains me both as a cricket lover and as somebody who genuinely believes these things should be left to sporting organisations...... it leaves me with no alternative,said Mr Howard.
- Heather Mills in All Headline News
In an interview with "Extra," Heather said, "I haven't got a lover. At the moment I am focusing on my daughter. I will never marry again. I'm a good mother, I'm a good person."
- Manny Ramirez in USA Today
We're a team and we need to protect each other,Ramirez said. "I wasn't trying to get anybody. I was there just in case anything happened. I just wanted to go out there and protect my teammates. I don't fight nobody. I'm a lover."