loving-kindness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n tender kindness motivated by a feeling of affection
- But he, more than either of them, blends pagan joy in life with the loving-kindness of Christianity.
- Glowing with loving-kindness Il Duce sped to Gardone Riviera where at the gate of his elaborate villa, egg-headed, effete Hero-Poet Gabriele d'Annunzio awaited, no longer sulky.
- His dour look belies his loving-kindness towards scientists.
- Richard Davidson in TopNews
Many contemplative traditions speak of loving-kindness as the wish for happiness for others and of compassion as the wish to relieve others' suffering. Loving-kindness and compassion are central to the Dalai Lama's philosophy and mission,said...