- s very bad
a lousy play
- s infested with lice
burned their lousy clothes
- s vile; despicable
a dirty (or lousy) trick
- The standard line is that the Amphicar was both a lousy car and a lousy boat, but it certainly had its merits.
- Whether you're deciding between French teachers or you just want to vent about last semester's lousy history lecturer, Rate My Professors is the place to go.
- And it delivers what only digital can: a preview screen and the ability to delete lousy shots.
News & Articles
- Explainer: Why does microwaving water result in lousy tea?
A reader recently wrote in to ask: Why is tea made with microwave-heated water so lousy compared to tea made with water boiled in a kettle? Because a proper cup of black tea must be made with water that’s come to a rolling boil. A kettle is designed to heat water evenly to 212 degrees.
June 12, 2013 - The Buffalo News
- Westport and Ilwaco hatchery chinook fishing still erratic, but good news is more fish are staging to the north
So the latest word on the ocean hatchery chinook salmon fishery off Westport and Ilwaco shows a mixed bag of results with action being good one day and lousy the next. “In Westport we ended the weekend with a 0.26 fish per person average,” said Wendy Beeghly, a state Fish and Wildlife co
June 12, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Haller aiming for nationals
TEUTOPOLIS - Four lousy points. That's all that separated Kelsi Haller and a spot in the national rodeo competition. Haller placed fifth in last year's Illinois High School Rodeo Association barrel racing event, meaning she was just one place shy of he
June 11, 2013 - Effingham Daily News
- Nick Rahall in San Francisco Chronicle
House Natural Resources Chairman Nick Rahall, DW.Va., said "this whole IG report reads like a script from a television miniseries and one that cannot air during family viewing time. It is no wonder that the office was doing such a lousy job of...
- Wally Schirra in Forbes
Mostly it's lousy out there,Schirra said in 1981 on the occasion of the first space shuttle flight. "It's a hostile environment, and it's trying to kill you. The outside temperature goes from a minus 450 degrees to a plus 300 degrees. You...
- Mike Huckabee in Forbes
We'll find out,Huckabee said. "I know a lot of people are cynical and think we pulled a stunt yesterday. I just decided if that's what it takes to get elected, that's a lousy way to run a country."