- n a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
- The early-form charts on this election would have placed Basil Quirk, 48, an Irish Catholic longshoreman from South Boston, in the camp of Edmund Muskie, the Polish Catholic from .
- Although his father, a retired longshoreman, didn't initially approve of Rodriguez's career choice, preferring that his son study law or medicine, today he sits in the front row at .
- A shrewd study of fanaticism, the book was written by Eric Hoffer, a San Francisco longshoreman and, before that, a migrant farm worker.
News & Articles
- Union official: Sicklerville man killed in Camden accident was 'good guy'
A worker who died in a forklift accident at the Port of Camden on Tuesday has been identified as a Sicklerville resident and well-known longshoreman.
June 12, 2013 - Courier-Post
- A Song of Suburbs: Game of Thrones‘s Westeros Based On … Staten Island?!
In an interview on Conan , Game of Thrones author George R. R. Martin revealed that a certain mysterious island across the water from his Bayonne, N.J. childhood home played a part in his hit book series. "I come from a Blue Collar family, my father was a longshoreman. We lived in the projects on First Street in Bayonne, which has a deep water channel in front of it—the Kill Van Kull—connects ...
June 11, 2013 - The New York Observer
- Arthur Miller in Wall Street Journal
You can get a Mexican truck driver to work for a heck of a lot less than a Teamster in the United States, and you can get a Mexican dock worker to work for a heck of a lot less than a longshoreman in the United States and that's what this is... Peter DeFazio http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_DeFazio&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGeT9O295JbeZil6_f8_6CvrpaPFA USA Today http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-05-15-mexican-truck-bill_N.htm&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEQO3GsYQWrWCBot4RfbeQJ6kEtUA May 15, 2007
59257 79007 longshoreman Longhi mentioned a story . . . of a longshoreman who had ratted to the Immigration Bureau on two brothers," Miller wrote, "his own relatives, illegal immigrants who were living in his very home, in order to break an engagement between one of...
- John Carney in The News Journal
I've been fighting the TWIC card because of the concern of the impact on the longshoreman who work there,Carney said.