- n a laborer who loads and unloads vessels in a port
- Disturbed, the stevedore at first makes fun of the newcomer, but the niece falls in love with the boy anyway.
- He made a pittance as a stevedore on the New Jersey docks opposite Manhattan.
- Taking his bows, he spread wide his enormous stevedore arms in a gesture of embrace, often flaunting a trademark white handkerchief that was approximately the size of Rhode Island.
News & Articles
- Step One Creative Cuts the Ribbon on New Offices.
Greater Oswego/Fulton Chamber of Commerce representatives, CenterState CEO ambassadors, and Oswego City and County officials gathered with Step One Creative staff, family and friends recently for an Open House Celebration at the agency’s new offices at the Stevedore Lofts in Oswego, New York. Continue reading ? The post Step One Creative Cuts the Ribbon on New Offices. appeared first on Oswego ...
June 11, 2013 - Oswego County Today
- Mark Rowsthorn in Australasian Transport News (subscription)
Any new stevedore entering the Australian market will find it extremely difficult to commit over $1billion to invest in a market that is small by world standards,Asciano CEO Mark Rowsthorn says. "This is exacerbated by the fact that in the...
- Adalberto Jordan in MiamiHerald.com
Under this protectionist scheme,Jordan wrote in his ruling, "new competitors are not allowed as long as the entrenched nine stevedores are willing to serve the need for stevedore services, even if these new competitors could provide the...