- n very hard brown to brownish-red heartwood of a logwood tree; used in preparing a purplish red dye
- n spiny shrub or small tree of Central America and West Indies having bipinnate leaves and racemes of small bright yellow flowers and yielding a hard brown or brownish-red heartwood used in preparing a black dye
- Swollen bodies floating like logwood down to Canton bore mute corroboration.
- In the 16th and 17th centuries it was the haunt of Spanish bucaneros and English slavers, of logwood cutters and warm-sea riffraff.
News & Articles
- LBHS Tennis Teams this spring
LBHS Girls Tennis Team: Front row – (l to r) Emily Logwood, Ciara Benz, Brynn Busher, Christina Flegas, Shannon Quinn. Middle row – (l to r) Emily Shaffer, Jessica Wiegandt, Claire Gross, Danielle Beckner. Last Row – (l to r) Hannah Brown, Haley Boland, Lindsey McLucas, Greysen Newberry, Emily Spickard, Allison McCaul, Mallory Wohlford. –submitted [...]
June 12, 2013 - Roanoke Times