liquid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a substance that is liquid at room temperature and pressure
- n the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
- n fluid matter having no fixed shape but a fixed volume
- n a frictionless continuant that is not a nasal consonant (especially `l' and `r')
- a existing as or having characteristics of a liquid; especially tending to flow
water and milk and blood are liquid substances
- s filled or brimming with tears
sorrow made the eyes of many grow liquid
- s clear and bright
the liquid air of a spring morning
eyes shining with a liquid luster
- a changed from a solid to a liquid state
- s smooth and flowing in quality; entirely free of harshness
the liquid song of a robin
- s smooth and unconstrained in movement
the liquid grace of a ballerina
- s in cash or easily convertible to cash
liquid (or fluid) assets
- Food processors use liquid hydrogen to stiffen oils into shortening through "hydrogenation.
- Liquid prescription medicine, if the name on the bottle matches the name on the traveler's ticket, and up to 5 oz.
- Peroxide-based liquid explosives "are sensitive to heat, shock, and friction, can be initiated simply with fire or electrical charge, and can also be used to produce improvised .
News & Articles
- Liquid Web Incubator Teams To Assist Australian Real Estate Search Engine
LANSING - Liquid Web's Incubator Program has announced an international partnership with Next Step, an Australian search engine.
June 12, 2013 - Michigan Technology News
- Liquid Nutrition Appoints Greg Chamandy to Chief Executive Officer
The Board of Directors of Liquid Nutrition Group Inc., today announced the appointment of Greg Chamandy to Chief Executive Officer, he also retains his role as Chairman, Liquid Nutrition. Chamandy replaces ...
June 10, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Liquid 11 Launches New "Must Have" App for Website Security and Membership Validation
LOWESTOFT, England, June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Liquid 11 launches the simplest-user-friendly verification programme to screen incoming website memberships for inaccurate or false signups and to spearhead ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- President Bush in Reuters
Our economy is large and it's open and flexible. Our capital markets are some of the deepest and most liquid. And the long-term health and strong foundation of our economy will shine through and be reflected in currency values,Bush said.
- Ben Bernanke in Houston Chronicle
The Fed "is working to promote liquid, well-functioning financial markets, which are essential for economic growth," Chairman Ben Bernanke said in a conference call with reporters Sunday night.
- Irving Penn in San Diego Union Tribune
Over the years I must have spent thousands of hours silently brushing on the liquid coatings, preparing each sheet in anticipation of reaching the perfect print,Penn wrote in his own account of his career, "Passage: A Work Record."