fluent : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s smooth and unconstrained in movement
- s expressing yourself readily, clearly, effectively
- What's more, her fluent English could mean that a Chinese star named Ziyi (Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Rush Hour 2) won't be the only crossover Zhang to win global acclaim.
- Arika Okrent is fluent in English, Hungarian, American sign language and .
- The most fluent Spanish speaker of all the major modern presidential nominees was Michael Dukakis, and there's no misunderstanding what the American electorate had to say about him.
News & Articles
- Miss Kansas says she likes breaking stereotypes
She’s an Army girl, an expert marksman, a fluent Chinese speaker and a dental technician for the Kansas Army National Guard’s Medical Detachment.
June 11, 2013 - The Wichita Eagle
- Eisenhower senior takes the initiative — and runs with it
Wed, 05 Jun 2013 23:01:53 GMT By Pat Muir Yakima Herald-Republic GORDON KING/Yakima Herald-Republic Eisenhower High School senior Alyssa Longee can hear fine, but she’s fluent in American Sign Language because she wants all of her friends, both hearing and deaf, to be able to communicate with and appreciate others. She will attend Eastern Washington University next fall. YAKIMA, Wash. — Alyssa ...
June 11, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Interview with a Porn Star: Lorelei Lee on sex, gender, and “Public Sex, Private Lives.”
If there’s a stigma around sex workers, it’s that we have placed them in a box of our own moral judgments, without really knowing anything about them. What to make, then, of Lorelei Lee, who’s fluent in four languages, holds an MFA from NYU, writes poetry and screenplays, and references William Carlos Williams in her [...]
June 9, 2013 - Oakland Local
- Sachin Tendulkar in Expressindia.com
The team is really up for it. We are in good shape to fight on three fronts. I believe that maybe the pressure came off the team after the Roma game. We played with more freedom, our football was more fluent and our game is coming back. That's down... Arsene Wenger http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ars%C3%A8ne_Wenger&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPROD75OyLZ28iKQSshDlBjcRjnA Goal.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/03/14/1155768/wenger-buoyant-as-arsenal-end-drought-at-blackburns-expense&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHdQsQiPEQsareVorKqR7JB3FZHlA Mar 14, 2009
38450 49700 fluent Every hundred is not going to be a fluent one and you are not going to hit 100 balls out of 100 from the centre of the bat. That is what Test cricket is all about. There are days that you have to work harder than the other ones," Tendulkar said.
- Roger Federer in International Herald Tribune
He's so fluent, you know? His whole technique is so smooth,Federer said. "And it was funny sometimes, because when I played him, it was intimidating. Because he reminded me so much of myself."