gaseous : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a existing as or having characteristics of a gas
steam is water is the gaseous state
- But oxygen neednt exist only in gaseous form above the ground.
- Like all gaseous weapons, malodorants once released are hard to control, and their use is strictly limited by international chemical-weapons treaties.
- Even sharp-eyed amateurs with small telescopes or binoculars could make out the comet's bright central mass, or nucleus, and its long gaseous tail.
News & Articles
- Pioneering Physicist and Nobel Laureate Kenneth Wilson Dies
Physics visionary Kenneth G. Wilson, winner of the 1982 Nobel Prize in Physics, died at the age of 77 on Saturday, June 15, 2013, in Maine of complications following a lymphoma. The Nobel Prize recognized Wilson's groundbreaking work on phase transitions, such as the transformation of a substance from the liquid to the gaseous state. Wilson was led to this breakthrough from his struggles with ...
June 18, 2013 - Newswise
- Black Hole's Guts Modeled in Supercomputer Simulation
The origins of a black hole's x-rays lie in its gaseous disk.
June 17, 2013 - SPACE.com
- Secretary Moniz questioned about Paducah's Gaseous Diffusion Plant
New details have come to light on the future of Paducah's gaseous diffusion plant. The new Secretary of the Department of Energy says his office will review the proposals they have received for the facility.
June 14, 2013 - WPSD Local 6 Paducah
- Andrew Bacevich in The Conservative Voice
As Andrew Bacevich writes in The American Conservative, the just-released Bush National Security Strategy "comes chockfull of declarations, exhortations and gaseous generalities ...... (but) never bothers to consider how we got into our current mess...
- Jenny Macklin in Ninemsn
The Air Quality Investigation report provided by Royal Wolf Pty Ltd indicated formaldehyde levels of 0.53 parts per million (ppm) in the tested converted containers,Ms Macklin said in a statement. "NICNAS advises that gaseous formaldehyde...
- Ernie Fletcher in Appalachian News-Express
Kentucky is in intense competition with other states to attract these multi-billion dollar projects that will convert Kentucky's resources into high-value liquid and gaseous fuels,said Gov. Ernie Fletcher in a press release.