gastric : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a relating to or involving the stomach
- It's often considered a last resort for the severely overweight and obese, but gastric bypass surgery can be a lifesaver for one group of overweight patients: those with diabetes .
- A quarter-pound of meat stimulates almost twice as much gastric juices as does a quarter-pound of bread or other carbohydrates, and is correspondingly better for normal digestion.
- New research shows that bariatric surgeries, like gastric bypass, are safer and more effective than originally thought, especially for teenagers and seniors.
News & Articles
- Adding chemotherapy to surgery improves survival in advanced gastric cancer, study confirms
For patients with advanced gastric cancer, treatment with chemotherapy after surgery can reduce the risk of cancer related death by 34% over five years compared to surgery alone, researchers report.
July 4, 2013 - Science Daily
- Does Heartburn Drug, Pepcid, Hold Promise for Schizophrenia?
Researchers from Finland have found that a common over-the-counter drug for heartburn and gastric ulcer can relieve some of the symptoms associated with schizophrenia. Professor Jesper Ekelund, M.D., and his team showed that a very large dose of famotidine (200 mg daily) can penetrate the so-called blood-brain barrier and affect the histamine system in the brain. [...]
July 4, 2013 - Psych Central
- Study confirms adding chemotherapy to surgery improves survival in advanced gastric cancer
( European Society for Medical Oncology ) At the meeting Prof Sung Hoon Noh, a gastric surgeon from Yonsei University College of Medicine, Korea, presented 5-year follow-up from the phase III CLASSIC trial, which added combination chemotherapy to a standard surgical procedure called D2 gastrectomy. The chemotherapy regimen studied in the trial is called XELOX, which is a combination of the drugs ...
July 3, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- John Coates in International Herald Tribune
We will be not recommending a long period in China before the games,Coates said, a day before the countdown clock on Wednesday reaches one year until the games open. "That only is going to increase the possibility of respiratory or gastric...
- Jean-Michel Dubernard in FOXNews
She was unable to speak, unable to eat. She was fed by a gastric tube,Dubernard said.
- Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono in United Press International
Baby, if I could get a gastric band I would! I've heard it'sa lot of vomiting and a pain in the ass, but it's still easier than a diet. I did go to see a Hollywood doctor about it. I wasn't desperate, I just knew I had to do something. He said... Courtney Love http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtney_Love&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHn07gNiVKEdao8-lTWv5xChu8tFw Metro Canada - Toronto http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.metronews.ca/toronto/entertainment/article/148954&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFZc0aQ2reoK2sKlzG3wNxt5Gk-NA Dec 1, 2008
41214 52924 gastritis Thank God, I am in better health now. My doctors said I had gastritis and was suffering from fatigue," Yudhoyono said.