- n the state in which a substance exhibits a characteristic readiness to flow with little or no tendency to disperse and relatively high incompressibility
- n the property of flowing easily
- n being in cash or easily convertible to cash; debt paying ability
- The government is treating the current recession as a crisis of liquidity, when it's really a crisis of confidence.
- The way the liquidity injection is structured, it is up to the retail credit unions to funnel money into the corporates.
- The best explanation for the good times is liquidity.
News & Articles
- Fitch Says Chinese Bank Risks Rising; Shanghai Stocks Fall To Six-Month Low
Tight liquidity in China may affect the ability of some of its banks to repay 1.5 trillion yuan, or $246 billion, of wealth management products that will mature between now and the end of the month, Fitch Ratings warned yesterday. (Click here for Fitch’s post.)
June 22, 2013 - Forbes
- Liquidity-Tightening Easier in Euro Zone, Noyer Says
Liquidity-Tightening Easier in Euro Zone, Noyer Says
June 21, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Marc Faber notes liquidity squeeze depressing stocks but still buying gold
The global liquidity squeeze, either due to central banks losing control of their bond markets or actively trying to pull back on money printing, can only have one impact on equity markets and that is negative.
June 20, 2013 - GoldSeek.com
- Ben Bernanke in The Australian
Although conventional interest rate policy is constrained by the fact that nominal interest rates cannot fall below zero, the second arrow in the Federal Reserve's quiver - the provision of liquidity - remains effective,Mr Bernanke said.
- JP Morgan in Melbourne Herald Sun
...of America, Barclays, Citibank, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan Chase, Merrill Lynch, Morgan Stanley, and UBS, said in a joint statement they "initiated a series of actions to help enhance liquidity and mitigate the...
- President Bush in Voice of America
The bill that is before the House of Representatives tomorrow, is a bill that has got the best chance of providing liquidity credit, providing credit, providing money, so small businesses and medium-sized businesses can function,said...