limpid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s clear and bright
limpid blue eyes
- s transmitting light; able to be seen through with clarity
could see the sand on the bottom of the limpid pool
- s (of language) transparently clear; easily understandable
writes in a limpid style
- The water of the bay was so limpid, we could see all the way to the bottom.
- Joan's limpid eyes and impudent smile got a lot of male attention.
- Unlike the Yangtze's muddy water, the Daning's is limpid, and you can even spot macaque monkeys frolicking in the trees.
News & Articles
- Urban spelunking: Standing on the shores of Lake Emily
After months of trying to gain access, I have finally stood upon the shore of Downtown Milwaukee's Lake Emily and gazed out upon her limpid waters. But, it turns out, I arrived over-prepared and could have left the swimsuit and sand toys at home.
July 2, 2013 - OnMilwaukee.com
- Mohammed Emami-Kashani in Kuwait News Agency
Kashani said "These are foams and bubbles that the US and Israel are trying to create on the clear and limpid water," Iranian News Agency said (Irna) reported.
- Jean Vanier in Zenit News Agency
The Pope is a man who suffers,the 76-year-old Vanier said. "He suffers physically, but I also think he suffers enormously in his heart. And, at the same time, there is in him something that is extraordinarily luminous and limpid. The Pope...
- St Jerome in Bloomberg
His style is simple, beautiful, limpid -- you will never find complicated words or rhetoric formulas in his books,Jerome Garcin, a friend of Le Clezio and a literary critic for French weekly Le Nouvel Observateur, said in an interview. "He...