- a designating or involving an equation whose terms are of the first degree
- a of or in or along or relating to a line; involving a single dimension
a linear measurement
- a of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input
- s (of a leaf shape) long and narrow
- s measured lengthwise
- Before the Karmarkar method, linear equations could be solved only in a cumbersome fashion, ironically known as the simplex method, devised by Mathematician George Dantzig in 1947.
- Voicemail is organized in a similarly linear fashion.
- Instead of linear back-and-forth movements, GXS offers more than a hundred variations, most of them circular and three-dimensional.
News & Articles
- Agree To Buy Linear Technology At $31, Earn 5.8% Annualized
Investors considering a purchase of Linear Technology Corp. (NASD: LLTC) stock, but cautious about paying the going market price of $36.16/share, might benefit from considering selling puts among the alternative strategies at their disposal. One interesting put contract in particular, is the February 2014 put at the $31 strike, which has a bid at the time of this writing of $1.20. Collecting ...
June 25, 2013 - Forbes
- Programmable Linear Hall ICs suit automotive applications.
Model A1388LLHLX-2-T linear ICs feature magnetic input sensitivity of 2.5 mV/G, and A1389LLHLX-9-T units have 9 mV/G sensitivity, both with refresh rate of 20 KHz. Featuring -9 mV/G sensitivity, A1389LLHLX-RP9-T ICs provide output noise of 15 mV (p-p) at their programmed sensitivity level. All three ICs are available in SOT-23W SMT package and are suited for automotive and industrial markets ...
June 25, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Linear Sees Technology Ruling Residents’ Roosts
Linear LLC is banking on the convergence of wireless connectivity and security to take its sales to the next level. The Carlsbad-based maker of garage door opener systems and other products recently acquired 2Gig Technologies, a fast-growing Utah company that makes home security and automation systems.
June 24, 2013 - San Diego Business Journal
- Jana Bennett in Xinhua
Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, said: "This heralds a new era when viewers will have the freedom to watch programs from the BBC's linear TV channels when they want."