- a designating or involving an equation whose terms are not of the first degree
- It's a meditative, philosophical, nonlinear narrative, totally resistant to conventional screenwriting technique.
- The camerabatics of the French New Wave, the anti-dramatic films of Bresson and Antonioni, the nonlinear experiments of the American avant garde--each of these was a revolutionary .
- And he turned the film into a cynical, pun-laden, nonlinear meditation on virtue vs.
News & Articles
- Tyrone Duncan to be awarded SIAM's W. T. and Idalia Reid Prize
( Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics ) The W. T. and Idalia Reid Prize in Mathematics, first awarded in 1994, recognizes outstanding work in, or other contributions to, the broadly defined areas of differential equations and control theory. The 2013 Reid Prize goes to Tyrone Duncan, a professor of mathematics at the University of Kansas, for his fundamental contributions to nonlinear ...
June 19, 2013 - EurekAlert!