- n a caustic substance produced by heating limestone
- n a white crystalline oxide used in the production of calcium hydroxide
- n a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- n any of various related trees bearing limes
- n any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber
- n the green acidic fruit of any of various lime trees
- v spread birdlime on branches to catch birds
- v cover with lime so as to induce growth
lime the lawn
- Before snails hibernate, their flesh is full of small, hard particles of lime that make them less desirable in the eyes of gourmets.
- Almond-and-lime skyr, a strained Icelandic cheese, is served on a banana leaf, wrapped like a present with bows and cellophane paper.
- It may well be difficult to picture a black and white Dalmatian perched atop a screaming fire engine of bright lime yellow, but that peculiar color combination is beginning to .
News & Articles
- Healthful options for the grill
Cilantro-lime garlic marinade makes grilled chicken and mango kebabs a healthful choice. Grilling is a simple way to feed your family well this summer. Start with a lean meat and a healthful marinade and then allow the grill to strip away additional fat.
June 12, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Butterfly garden explodes in color for U-M Health System patients, staff
Lemon-lime Gatorade loving Painted Lady butterflies, along with Monarchs, were released Tuesday at the University of Michigan Health System's butterfly garden.
June 11, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Lime Creek day camp focuses on insects
MASON CITY — A day camp titled “Insectigations!” will be held at the Lime Creek Nature Center from 10:45 a.m. to noon June 18 to 20.
June 9, 2013 - The Globe Gazette
- Kimba Wood in CNET
The evidence demonstrates that [Lime Wire] optimized LimeWire's features to ensure that users can download digital recordings, the majority of which are protected by copyright,Wood said in her 59-page decision.
- Peter Hoekstra in FOXNews
Trying to figure out exactly what Jell-o Ashcroft was eating in the hospital _ whether it was lime, or whether it was raspberry or cherry flavor _ really doesn't contribute anything to this discussion at this point in time,said Hoekstra,...
- Bubba Watson in Prince George Citizen
I like stuff that stands out a bit,Watson says. "This is what you'd see if you opened my closet: lime green, pink, yellows and baby blues."