- n a sticky adhesive that is smeared on small branches to capture small birds
- v spread birdlime on branches to catch birds
- But Professor Lloyd breaks down their "trapping mechanisms" into six categories pitfalls, lobster pots, snares, flypaper or birdlime traps, steel traps and mousetraps.
- As a reaction against the sunny hues of impressionism, the cubists had often painted with what looked like birdlime and various fine shades of mud.
- Tables, people, pipes and wine bottles were all reduced to barely decipherable fragments, each seen from a different angle and painted in various shades of birdlime and mud.