- n soft light-colored wood of any of various linden trees; used in making crates and boxes and in carving and millwork
- n any of various deciduous trees of the genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose clusters of yellowish often fragrant flowers; several yield valuable timber
- The chef-d'oeuvre is a basswood panel by Leopold Baillot, in a design of acanthus leaves and birds.
- An adoring he might present an artistic her with a basswood and spruce Zuckermann harpsichord, copied from Taskin's exquisite 18th century model, priced at a modest $5,500 from .
- And as I looked upon the shrouded waxlike figure in the little basswood box surrounded by blossoms that would have matched her budding beauty, I felt as though I was looking .
News & Articles
- Today's trophy tale: lunker largemouth in the BWCA
Chris Daleiden of Edina with a 22-inch largemouth bass he caught on Basswood Lake in the BWCA.
June 12, 2013 - Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune
- Linden Potts
Linden Potts, his sister Maple, 32, and sister Cedar, 26, are all named after trees. "My parents wanted to do something unique and different," he says. "Most people have never heard of a Linden tree, but they are very similar to the North Basswood tree like those found in the New England area."
June 12, 2013 - Jackson Free Press