likeness : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n similarity in appearance or character or nature between persons or things
man created God in his own likeness
- n picture consisting of a graphic image of a person or thing
- v consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous
- After eleven years of wrangling, a trial judge decided in favor of the Lugosis, giving them $70,000 and barring Universal from merchandising Lugosi's likeness.
- To superimpose Obama's likeness over such a character is a truly despicable tactic designed to remind white people of his foreign heritage and to reinforce the notion that he is .
- Established in 2001, the label had offered luxurious clothing styled for a hypothetical heiress with a likeness to French actress Brigitte Bardot.
News & Articles
- Dean McDermott Gets New Tori Spelling Tattoo in an "Intimate Spot"
Dean McDermott already has a tattoo of wife Tori Spelling's likeness above his left elbow, but this new ink is in a more "intimate" spot
June 12, 2013 - Us Weekly via omg!
- When Does Genetic Modification of Animals Cross a Line?
Watch Video In a web exclusive interview, Emily Anthes, author of the book, "Frankenstein's Cat," talks to Ray Suarez about the ethical limits when using animals in biotech research and development. Watch their full interview on Monday's broadcast of the PBS NewsHour . The Old Testament's Book of Genesis says: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have ...
June 10, 2013 - The Online NewsHour
- Beyond Likeness: Contemporary Works from Library and Archives Canada Opens at the Nickle Galleries in Calgary
Library and Archives Canada announces the opening of its travelling exhibition, Beyond Likeness: Contemporary Works from Library and Archives Canada, at the University of Calgary's Nickle Galleries. The ...
June 7, 2013 - Marketwired via Yahoo! Finance
- Al Pacino in Forbes
I feel like one's likeness and image should be protected in some way and not abused or denigrated for the sake of profit,Pacino wrote to legislators after the estate of Lee Strasberg started talking to him.
- Jackie Mason in Washington Post
The pamphlet uses my name, my likeness, my `shtick' (if you will), and my very act, which is derived from my personality, to attract attention and converts,Mason said in an affidavit.