libation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n (facetious) a serving of an alcoholic beverage
- n a serving (of wine) poured out in honor of a deity
- n the act of pouring a liquid offering (especially wine) as a religious ceremony
- In wine-sipping France, the argument went, libation is just a small part of the broad festival of life, not the mind-altering prerequisite for a good time.
- There, the libation of choice was "Three Wise Men," a high-octane mix of 151-proof rum, Crown Royal whiskey and Jagermeister liqueur.
- After his perplexed visitors have left, he and his assistants drink a libation of red winein telling contrast to a frivolous champagne toasting at the cocktail partyand .
News & Articles
- Dealing with stress by drinking leads to misery and weight gain, says The Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy
Following a report in the Daily Mail indicating that people who drink at home viewed their liquid libation habit as a just reward for their stressful lives. (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10837976.htm
June 15, 2013 - PRWeb
- At local cocktail bars, mixologists create cool new summer libations
Margaritas and sangria are fine when you're entertaining neighbors on the deck. But this season, you owe it to your libation-loving self to try something new. You'll find plenty of both at metro Detroit's best craft cocktail bars this summer.
June 14, 2013 - Detroit Free Press
- Craft Cocktail Bars In and Around Washington, D.C.
The craft cocktail is making a comeback, or perhaps it's finally coming to the forefront. In either case, all around the Washington, D.C., metro area, you'll find creative cocktails and libations to suit every taste, along with bars and restaurants that have created entire experiences around the art of imbibing. When you're looking for something beyond the gin and tonic your favorite ...
June 12, 2013 - Yahoo! Contributor Network via Yahoo! News
- Mike Slive in Dallas Morning News
I understand that,Slive said. "I guess I'd have to ask you if we were alone, having a libation, talking about this, what would you want me to do about that?"
- Ernie Els in New York Times (blog)
Well, yeah, of course,Els said on that subject, adding a look of incredulity. "But as a postround libation, it's certainly not just for the average Joe."
- Larry Fitzgerald in Yahoo! Sports
Q gets everything jump-started,Fitzgerald said afterward. "Everybody feeds off his intensity. It's like a pool that bubbles over, and guys get a cup and drink the libation. To me, he's a warrior, and he makes everybody better. I want to...