- n a false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person
- n the written statement of a plaintiff explaining the cause of action (the defamation) and any relief he seeks
- v print slanderous statements against
The newspaper was accused of libeling him
- Political epithets, are generally responded with a counter-epithet or with a laugh and seldom provoke a libel suit.
- Jack Baker, editor of a small english daily, is an old hand at libel.
- She was so incensed with the report of the newspaper that inspite of the public apology from the newspaper she went ahead with the plans to bring a libel suit against the newspaper.
News & Articles
- Gippert, residents answer libel suit
Three defendants in the libel suit filed by Forest Park Mayor David Lockhart have filed an answer to the complaint in Clayton County State Court, denying all the allegations.
June 21, 2013 - Clayton News Daily
- Man seeks to get Jesse Ventura libel suit deposition made public
MINNEAPOLIS, June 20 (UPI) -- An environmental activist was granted a hearing on his request to intervene in former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura's libel suit against a deceased Navy SEAL.
June 20, 2013 - UPI
- Report: newspapers want McNair vs. NCAA case unsealed
Two years ago, former USC assistant Todd McNair sued the NCAA for libel, slander, breach of contract and negligence in the Reggie Bush case. The suit also alleged that NCAA officials “arbitrarily and capriciously decided to ruin his career to further their own agenda.” According to USCFootball.com, two newspapers — the New York Times and…
June 19, 2013 - NBC Sports: CollegeFootballTalk