legality : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n lawfulness by virtue of conformity to a legal statute
- In response to questions on the legality of Gonzales' hospital room conversation, Dean Boyd, a spokesman for the National Security Division of the Justice Department, said, "I am .
- But barring arguments about the war's legality created a disconnect that ultimately caused the military's case against Watada to unravel.
- Attorneys-General of California are usually expected to defend successful statewide propositions against those who would challenge their legality in court.
News & Articles
- EDITORIAL: Snowden showed up gaps in NSA security
First it has to be said — without getting into the morality or legality of its actions — that the National Security Agency’s technical prowess was truly impressive in creating programs that vacuumed up information about phone calls originating in the United States, including who called whom and for how long, but also emails, documents, photos, files and contact lists from domestic and foreign ...
June 14, 2013 - Evansville Courier & Press
- Video: FBI Director on NSA surveillance: "Legality has been assured"
The legalityof recently revealed NSA surveillance programs "has been assured by the Department of Justice," FBI Director Robert Mueller said today on Capitol Hill, adding, "If there were a change to be made by Congress, then so be it, we would follow that letter of the law."
June 13, 2013 - CBS News
- New York lawsuit challenges legality of unpaid internships
A New York lawsuit challenging the legality of unpaid internships could have implications for employers saving big on free workers and prospective job seekers looking to get a foot in the door.
June 13, 2013 - The Clarion-Ledger
- Michael Mukasey in Forbes
I understand that you and some other members of the (Judiciary) Committee may feel that I should go further in my review, and answer questions concerning the legality of waterboarding under current law,Mukasey wrote in his three-page letter...
- Jay Rockefeller in Forbes
They can't say that Congress has been fully briefed while refusing to turn over key documents used to justify the legality of the program,Rockefeller said.
- Seth Waxman in Guardian Unlimited
Waxman, the top Supreme Court lawyer during the Clinton administration, said that "after six years of imprisonment without meaningful review, it is time for a court to decide the legality" of their confinement.