legation : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the post or office of legate
- n a permanent diplomatic mission headed by a minister
- For almost twelve years Russia and its Baltic neighbor, Sweden, have been in a bitter dispute over the disappearance of Raoul Wallenberg, a slender, balding Swedish-legation .
- An icy gale whipped the trees along Tel Aviv's Rothschild Boulevard and tore at the policeman on guard before the Soviet legation to Israel.
- Floodlights were directed on the legation, and the area encircled with barbed wire.