leak : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape
one of the tires developed a leak
- n soft watery rot in fruits and vegetables caused by fungi
- n a euphemism for urination
he had to take a leak
- n the discharge of a fluid from some container
he had to clean up the leak
- n unauthorized (especially deliberate) disclosure of confidential information
- v tell anonymously
The news were leaked to the paper
- v be leaked
The news leaked out despite his secrecy
- v enter or escape as through a hole or crack or fissure
Water leaked out of the can into the backpack
Gas leaked into the basement
- v have an opening that allows light or substances to enter or go out
The container leaked gasoline
the roof leaks badly
- Last week I testified before the federal grand jury investigating the leak.
- Plame's husband, former Ambassador Joseph Wilson, claims that the leak was an act of retaliation against him for undercutting Bush's weapons-of-mass-destruction rationale for going .
- CAPE CANAVERAL: NASA is keeping a close watch on the space shuttle Atlantis because of a leak in a vital hydraulic system used to control wing flaps, brakes and landing gear.
News & Articles
- Chemical leak at DuPont plant stopped
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WHAS11) – The chemical leak at the DuPont Fluoroproduct plant in Rubbertown has stopped. Authorities say the clean up after the hydrochloric acid leak is now in the hands of the plant. Emergency responders and the EPA are not at the scene on Campground Road. The tank that was leaking has been drained. No injuries or exposures were reported after the leak.
June 14, 2013 - WHAS TV11 Louisville
- A leak from an instruction manual suggests that an update to Sony's excellent RX100 point-and-shoot
A leak from an instruction manual suggests that an update to Sony's excellent RX100 point-and-shoot will bring a tilting screen, Wi-Fi, and flash hotshoe. That should make an amazing camera even better. Read more...
June 14, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Leak in Hanford double-shell tank getting worse
The leak in a massive underground double-shell nuclear waste tank at the Hanford Site has grown significantly since the leak was first announced to the public last fall, according to sources who have seen new inspection video and photographs. The tank -- known as AY-102 -- holds 860,000 gallons of radioactive waste generated during decades of plutonium production at the southeastern Washington ...
June 13, 2013 - KING5 Seattle