leaker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a surreptitious informant
the president wanted to know who the leakers were
- A huge unanswered question in this case is whether the leaker or leakers knew that Plame was undercover when they gave her identity away.
- The FBI has already extensively re-interviewed some White House officials using emails and phone logs from their search to press for the identity of the leaker.
- Meanwhile, lawyers for possible indictment targets are boning up on the Espionage Act, used to charge Daniel Ellsberg, leaker of the Pentagon papers, say people close to the probe.
News & Articles
- NSA Leaker Snowden is 'Handsome' Hero in China
NSA leaker Edward Snowden has reached hero status for many Chinese internet users. His Chinese fans on Sina Weibo, China’s version of Twitter, have posted Snowden’s old modelling photos and “Snowden Handsome” is the first result to come back when his last name is entered...
June 14, 2013 - ABC News via Yahoo! News
- Leaker Snowden Alleges NSA Hacking on China, World
Leaker Snowden's allegations about US hacking give China new edge in cyber war of words
June 13, 2013 - ABC News
- Leaker 'neither traitor nor hero'
Self-identified NSA leaker Edward Snowden broke the low profile he has kept since passing details of two classified American government surveillance programs to reporters, saying he is “neither traitor nor hero” in an interview with the South China Morning Post.
June 13, 2013 - MSN
- Adrian Lamo in E Canada Now
I outed Manning as an alleged leaker out of duty. I would never out an Ordinary Decent Criminal. There's a difference,Lamo wrote.
- Howard Dean in The Hill
While he failed to keep his promise to fire the leaker, he should pledge not to pardon Scooter Libby,Dean said in a statement.
- President Bush in GovExec.com
I have no idea whether we'll find out who the leaker is, partially because, in all due respect to your profession, you do a very good job of protecting the leakers,Bush said during an October press conference.