- n (horseshoes) the throw of a horseshoe so as to lean against (but not encircle) the stake
- a lacking excess flesh
- a lacking in mineral content or combustible material
- s containing little excess
- s not profitable or prosperous
- Some might assume that we're better off with a leaner government.
- Bison are leaner than cattle because they are still wild animals who range and eat grass; they do not tolerate confinement well, and so they cannot be fattened the way we do cattle .
- They have taught Soviet cattle farmers that they can raise leaner beef by castrating their cattle a month later than usual and slaughtering them a month earlier.
News & Articles
- The Renegade Diet: Review Reveals Jason Ferruggia's New Revolutionary Program To Gain Muscle While Losing Fat
As the name says it, the Renegade Diet developed by Jason Ferruggia betrays all nutrition and fitness principles to help people achieve leaner and stronger bodies in a short period of time. Daily Gossip Magazine is the first to expose the principles of the new book in a special article! (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Renegade-Diet-Plan/Review-Results ...
June 16, 2013 - PRWeb
- University of Minnesota cutting administrative costs, but still room to improve, study says
The University of Minnesota is taking the right steps to shrink overhead, but major room remains to get leaner.
June 14, 2013 - Pioneer Press
- Martha's Vineyard high school cafeteria revenues drop
A leaner, greener menu served up at the Martha's Vineyard Regional High School (MVRHS) cafeteria has not only reduced calories but it is also reducing revenues, school committee members learned Monday night.
June 12, 2013 - The Martha's Vineyard Times
- Chris Dodd in Bloomberg
I'm running for re-election,said Dodd, who sat on a couch next to his wife during the news conference in his office. "Now I'll be a little leaner and a little meaner, but I'm running."
- Dirk Meyer in MarketWatch
AMD is executing a strategic plan to transform the company, becoming leaner and more focused while seeking to create a business model to deliver sustainable profitability,said Dirk Meyer, President and Chief Executive Officer of AMD. "The...
- Mark Webber in BBC Sport
I'm extremely happy Red Bull and I have been able to agree to race together again next year,said Webber. "Even in the leaner and tougher years at the start of my relationship with the team, I've always enjoyed working with them. So now to...