rich : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n people who have possessions and wealth (considered as a group)
only the very rich benefit from this legislation
- a possessing material wealth
her father is extremely rich
many fond hopes are pinned on rich uncles
- a having an abundant supply of desirable qualities or substances (especially natural resources)
blessed with a land rich in minerals
rich in ideas
rich with cultural interest
- s of great worth or quality
a rich collection of antiques
- s marked by great fruitfulness
- s strong; intense
a rich red
- s very productive
rich seams of coal
- a high in mineral content; having a high proportion of fuel to air
a rich vein of copper", "a rich gas mixture
- a suggestive of or characterized by great expense
a rich display
- s containing plenty of fat, or eggs, or sugar
they kept gorging on rich foods
- s marked by richness and fullness of flavor
a rich ruby port
- s pleasantly full and mellow
a rich tenor voice
- s affording an abundant supply
a rich supply
- A conflict between two worldsone rich, one pooris developing, and the battlefield is the globe itself.
- India's rich are doing well, and good for thembut the growing middle class is the real story.
- The polluter gets very rich.
- Barack Obama in AFP
For decades, Walter Cronkite was the most trusted voice in America,said Obama in a White House statement. "His rich baritone reached millions of living rooms every night, and in an industry of icons, Walter set the standard by which all...
- Guillermo del Toro in Washington Post
After nearly two years of living, breathing and designing a world as rich as Tolkien's Middle Earth, I must, with great regret, take leave from helming these wonderful pictures,said del Toro, who directed "Pan's Labyrinth" and "Hellboy."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton in The Herald
Instead, Mrs Clinton, her outrage real or simulated, said: "People embrace faith not because they are materially poor but because they are spiritually rich. People don't need a president who looks down on them. They need a president who stands up...