- n people without possessions or wealth (considered as a group)
the urban poor need assistance
- s deserving or inciting pity
Oh, you poor thing
his poor distorted limbs
- a having little money or few possessions
deplored the gap between rich and poor countries
the proverbial poor artist living in a garret
- a characterized by or indicating poverty
the country had a poor economy
they lived in the poor section of town
- a lacking in specific resources, qualities or substances
a poor land
the area was poor in timber and coal
food poor in nutritive value
- s not sufficient to meet a need
a poor salary
- s unsatisfactory
a poor light for reading
expectations were poor
- A conflict between two worldsone rich, one pooris developing, and the battlefield is the globe itself.
- The recession has hit middle-income and poor families hardest, widening the economic gap between the richest and poorest Americans.
- Microloans are welcome, but the world's poor won't touch microinsurance.
News & Articles
- Poor Clares cancel bread and soup sale for June
The Poor Clares Nuns bread and soup sale set for June has been canceled.
June 12, 2013 - The Canton Repository
- Poor Ol’ Dad . . . He Does Have a Day!
Poor Ol’ Dad. There’s not a whole lot of respect directed at him. But he does have his Day in the Sun Sunday, June 16. That’s Father’s Day for the uninformed.
June 12, 2013 - The Missourian
- Working poor need medical care
“I can’t look at the disabled, I can’t look at the poor, I can’t look at the mentally ill, I can’t look at the addicted and think we ought to ignore them.” These are the words of Republican Governor John Kasich of Ohio who is encouraging the Republican dominated House and Senate of his state to expand medical coverage in accordance with the Affordable Care Act. The bible runs his life and he ...
June 12, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Jesse James in The Sun
I'm going to meet with him. Secretary Gates will meet with him as well. I think it's clear that the article in which he and his team appeared showed poor judgment. But I also want to make sure I talk to him directly before I make any final... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA ABC News (blog) http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/06/the-presidential-planner-15.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGUs9USWDShxtbWfmzXP8Xy-Q8HWg Jun 23, 2010
76004 102717 poor He said: There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way."
- Harry Reid in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Reid said in a statement: "I deeply regret using such a poor choice of words. I sincerely apologise for offending any and all Americans, especially African-Americans for my improper comments."