- v reach or come to rest
The bird landed on the highest branch
The plane landed in Istanbul
- v cause to come to the ground
- v bring into a different state
- v bring ashore
The drug smugglers landed the heroin on the beach of the island
- v deliver (a blow)
He landed several blows on his opponent's head
- v arrive on shore
The ship landed in Pearl Harbor
- v shoot at and force to come down
the enemy landed several of our aircraft
- a owning or consisting of land or real estate
the landed gentry
- He had personally landed in the new world four years earlier, with a newly minted Nobel Prize gold medal in his pocket, pre-eminent among a distillation of outstanding scientists .
- Yet fly he did, on homemade wings, and landed on his feet to tell about it.
- An 88-mm shell landed right in the middle of the LCA to the side of us, and splinters of the boat, equipment and bodies were thrown into the air.
News & Articles
- Cedartown tailback Nick Chubb opts for Georgia
Georgia landed a talented tailback tandem during the winter of 2012 when the Bulldogs signed Todd Gurley and Keith Marshall.
June 12, 2013 - Chattanooga Times Free Press
- Nick Chubb commits to the Georgia Bulldogs
The Georgia Bulldogs have landed the commitment of in-state running back Nick Chubb. The consensus four-star recruit from Cedartown (Ga.) High School picked the Bulldogs over South Carolina, Auburn, Florida, and Tennessee in an announcement carried on a local FOX station. More : For more on Georgia football, check out Dawg Sports Known as a hard worker and a role model in the small town of ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Notre Dame first-year players to watch
Notre Dame has landed consecutive top-10 recruiting classes. Which players from those groups have the best chances of making an impact as first-year players this fall? C.J. Prosise, WR: The 6-foot-2, 208-pound Prosise redshirted a safety last season. He switched to the offensive side of the ball before spring practices this year, and the early returns have been positive. The Petersburg, Va ...
June 11, 2013 - ESPN Blogs