- a owning no land
the landless peasantry
- Under its current land reform program, the Morales government has already given landless Bolivians deeds to 25 million acres (10 million hectares).
- Guerrilla Capitalism Brazil's landless farmers are the shock troops in a South American revolution that's working.
- Kailash, 50, a landless farm laborer, has moved to Lal Bihari's village.
News & Articles
- Metal Musical Monster: Landless Theatre Company offers a ''prog-metal opera'' version of ''Frankenstein''
Stage: ''That's pretty much what we do, a lot of rock operas and rock musicals, anything with a little punch to it,'' says Melissa Baughman of Landless Theatre Company. But Richard Campbell's Frankenstein , the quirky local theater company's latest production, is slightly different still -- and a lot punchier. Frankenstein ''It's a 'prog-metal opera,' which is pretty specific,'' Baughman, the ...
June 13, 2013 - Metro Weekly
- Bangladesh: Indigenous Peoples engulfed in Chittagong Hill Tracts land conflict
A new report reveals how he Bangladeshi government’s failure to address rights to traditional lands in the eastern Chittagong Hill Tracts region has left tens of thousands of Pahari Indigenous people landless and trapped in a cycle of violent clashes with Bengali settlers. June 11, 2013 International The Bangladeshi government’s failure to address rights to traditional lands in the eastern ...
June 12, 2013 - Amnesty International
- VS Achuthanandan in NDTV.com
The state government's silence over the D Bandopadhyay Commission's report has created fear and fallacy in the minds of the landless and the landlords...... It has become necessary that the state government clarify its stand on the report with a... Ram Vilas Paswan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ram_Vilas_Paswan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGSp7bO62xd7nc1tZ8Sump-o4kBAw Press Trust of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ptinews.com/news/293476_Paswan-asks-Nitish-to-clarify-stand-on-land-reforms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGWvjwIqqMo0aXvkjny0L4xTMu2aw Sep 21, 2009
56847 75283 landless In the operations that we launched last year, by now in Idukki district we have seized 16,000 acres. We have decided to hand over 1,662 acres of land in Munnar to the landless, which includes adivasis (tribals), plantation workers and others,"...
- Robert Mugabe in iAfrica.com
Over the past decade, Zimbabwe has democratised the land ownership patterns in the country, with over 300 000 previously landless families now proud landowners,Mugabe said.