- n an abrupt spasmodic movement
- v pull, or move with a sudden movement
- v move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions
The patient's legs were jerkings
- v make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion
- v jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
- v throw or toss with a quick motion
- s lacking a steady rhythm
- The camera pans to the icy water far below, pulling me into the scene--the sensation reminds me of jerking awake from a dream--and I grip the sides of my seat to keep from falling .
News & Articles
- Man jailed in China for making rubber alien
How Mr. Li presented his frozen find to the Shangdong Evening News. (Credit: Screenshot by Chris Matyszczyk/CNET) The world tends not to reward initiative as often as it should. Somehow, creating something new or presenting something different rouses many into fear mode, causing them to suppress with jerking knees. This phenomenon might well have befallen a Chinese man called Mr. Li, who has ...
June 12, 2013 - CNET
- NPR Music's 50 Favorite Songs Of 2013 (So Far)
We made you a doozy of a mix — 50 of NPR Music's favorite songs from the first half of 2013, including hip-hop anthems, dudes with beards, avant-garde lullabies, dance-music stompers, tear-jerking ballads, funk odysseys and synth-pop singalongs.
June 11, 2013 - NPR
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
I have no interest in having a bill get passed that fails,Obama said. "And if people look and say, 'You know what? This hasn't reduced my costs. My premiums are still going up 25%, insurance companies are still jerking me around' -- I'm...
- Allama Iqbal in Reuters South Africa
All of a sudden the train started jerking about and we fell down,Iqbal said. "It was all darkness. We were lying on the track for three to four hours in the dark."
- Scott Skiles in USA Today
During that stretch in the third where we didn't score, we had several wide open looks. We just couldn't make them,Skiles said. "Right from the beginning of the game, when we had a couple open looks, our balance was poor, we were jerking...