- n a dull stupid fatuous person
- n an abrupt spasmodic movement
- n (mechanics) the rate of change of acceleration
- n meat (especially beef) cut in strips and dried in the sun
- n raising a weight from shoulder height to above the head by straightening the arms
- n a sudden abrupt pull
- v pull, or move with a sudden movement
He turned the handle and jerked the door open
- v move with abrupt, seemingly uncontrolled motions
The patient's legs were jerkings
- v make an uncontrolled, short, jerky motion
- v jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched
- v throw or toss with a quick motion
jerk his head
- And let's just say they used a less printable word than jerk.
- But beware, he warns: One jerk's nastiness can pollute the water cooler.
- Stephen Colbert is sitting in his office, cutting up a take-out salad and telling me what a total jerk Stephen Colbert is.
News & Articles
- Grammy Award Winning Artist, Beenie Man to Headline the 2013 International Reggae Jerk Festival
Annual All-Day Jerk Festival celebrates the music, food, and culture of the Caribbean for the entire family to enjoy, featuring Grammy Award Winning reggae artist, Beenie Man! (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10833937.htm
June 15, 2013 - PRWeb
- Husband's infidelity goes beyond bedroom
Jerk financially cripples family for sake of affair by Dan Savage I always told myself that I would forgive my husband if he cheated on me. Well, he had an affair for eight months. He also blew through our savings and racked up considerable credit-card debt.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 14, 2013 - Creative Loafing Charlotte
- Fiery jerk lamb fajitas courtesy of Jamaica
Those who want to add a taste or two of Jamaica to their dinner tables should consider the following recipe for lamb fajitas from Helen Willinsky s "Jerk from Jamaica" (Ten Speed Press).
June 12, 2013 - The Milpitas Post
- Jerry Seinfeld in SodaHead News
This woman's a jerk. I hate her,Seinfeld said during an interview with WFAN radio. "I can't believe they put her in my box, which I paid for."
- David Sheepshanks in The Press Association
Sheepshanks, the former Ipswich chairman, told BBC Radio Suffolk: "Knee-jerk reactions never work. There are some very, very able and wise people around the FA board table and I have absolute confidence that they will come up with the right...
- George Karl in USA Today
There's no question in my mind it was premeditated,said Karl, whose team now faces an even tougher time making the playoffs. "He made a bad situation worse. He's a jerk for what he's trying to do."